Simple Data Logger (SDL) writes the weight from your scale or balance to a file on your PC (with date and time). It can also be used with other measuring instruments, bar code readers, etc. sending data in ASCII format.
1. Connect your scale
Connect your scale or balance to your PC. SDL supports RS232, USB (virtual COM port), Bluetooth SPP and Ethernet (raw TCP) connections.
2. Record the weight
Our software writes the weight sent by your scale to a CSV file. If required, it adds the date and time to each line.
3. Process in Excel, Google Sheets, etc.
You can easily open the file in Excel and other spreadsheet applications for further processing and visualization.
Consult our documentation for further information on how to use Simple Data Logger.
Note: Simple Data Logger is still under development!
- Data sent by your device (e.g. a scale, balance, serial bar code reader, etc.) has to be in ASCII format.
- SDL cannot yet send commands to the device (it waits for incoming data).
- SDL can only capture one value from each line of data sent by your device.
- SDL cannot connect to more than one device at a time.
If Simple Data Logger is too simple for your application, please have a look at our comparison page which contains links to similar software.
Processor: 1 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Disk space (including .NET framework): 4.5 GB
Supported operating systems
SDL requires .NET framework 4.7, which can be installed on the following operating systems: Windows 10 (Anniversary Update or later, 32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2016 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012 (64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (64-bit).