We’ve added an “MT-SICS” device profile for scales and balances which support the Mettler Toledo Standard Interface Command Set:
As an alternative to the ClickOnce installer, you can now download an alternative .msi Windows Installer Package (requires .NET Framework 4.7). Please note that settings are not shared between these two versions.
Further improvements in Simple Data Logger version 1.2.0:
- On high DPI displays, the licensing tab contents are now resized correctly.
- The TCP/IP protocol setting has been removed (it will be reintroduced when we add support for protocols other than ASCII/”raw TCP”), which enabled us to decrease the vertical size of the application window.
- Minimum window sizes have been increased to ensure the application is still usable.
- A warning is shown in the event log when polling is enabled, but no polling command has been entered.
- An update notification is now shown in the status bar when a new version is available.
We’ve also updated our EULA and the message shown when the free version of the software is started to clarify that use in an organization (including academic institutions and non-profits) requires a paid license. You can easily purchase licenses online through our partner FastSpring (your license key and invoice will be generated automatically).
Note: If you’re already using Simple Data Logger, you may have to update manually to use the new features. Normally, the ClickOnce version can update automatically but we disabled this by mistake in the previous release. Simply go to the download page and click on install.